There are some things I feel I can’t live without, more favorite things…things I looooooove.
1) ZCover for my MacBook Pro laptop keyboard. I bought it after J dropped a spoon of chocolate ice cream on my keyboard when we were on the island. I figured out how to pop the keys off my keyboard and clean it, but now, with the ZCover, I can eat my breakfast while hovering over my laptop. I bought one for J’s laptop too. These things can be washed with soap and water and dried and lay back down on the keyboard. I looove it.2) The Cadbury Egg. They were on sale at the market after Easter. I decided to get six of them. They rang up full price on the register and I held up the line for ten minutes while they fixed the problem and I got my discount. I figured I would see how long I could stretch out six Cadbury Eggs. It was about three days. You do the math.
3) My Lumix Camera. I keep it in my handbag at all times and always have it to snap shots for painting or of the kids or of J. It takes video that works like a dream. It’s currently in Europe with J, since he broke his camera and since I have three digital cameras (all for different uses) I sent him out again with my Lumix. He’s taken 280 photos so far. I think he should be a professional photographer by day and continue with the professional piano playing by night. Because he rocks at both! (who knew?)
4) Baja Fresh. Unfortunately the one about fifteen minutes south of me off the highway is GONE. “GONE” I SAY. My friend went in to the business next door to it and asked what happened. Apparently the landlord kicks out the tenant (or raises the rent) every few years. Baja Fresh was always, always packed. And now it is gone. Our local Mexican restaurant is horridly non-Mexican, so now, I just have to make my own. (I do anyway, but still, I love me some basic Baja Fresh). It’s not the small authentic hole in the wall Mexican place I am used to from growing up in Los Angeles, but it made me happy, here on the East Coast.
5) Herbs on a windowsill. Need I say more? My friend, Alice, gave me this a week or so ago. It is from a plant in her garden that was her great grandfather’s.
6) Wireless Router. I love to sit in bed on the computer. Or the kitchen. Or, um, sometimes even the bathroom. (come on, admit it, you’ve done that too)
I just happen to love it. Been reading it for a long time.
8 ) The Aroundme application on my iphone. Absolutely brilliant.
9) Red Vines Licorice. When I was in college in the midwest, they were nowhere to be found in any stores. My dad used to send me bit barrels of them from California. Now, here on the East Coast. I can get them whenever I want. I ration them and only buy a little package when I go to a movie. (at CVS. I smuggle them into the movie theatre, shhhh don’t tell)
10) The Beach. I spent the day there today. It was awesome.